Last updated: September 25 2020
While researching the latest attacks, we stumbled upon innovationslaborowl.de, an abandoned website which didn’t get any updates since March 31, 2020.
After just 6 months, there were numerous WordPress attacks going, and some of them affected this website as well.
- The first attacks debuted with this batch, just one month after the last update:
hxxps://stat.trackstatisticsss.com/j.js?v= ( Domain Created on 2020-04-23, 155 days old )
hxxps://js.digestcolect.com/g.js?v=16 ( Domain Created on 2020-05-03, 145 days old )
hxxps://track.developfirstline.com/t.js ( Created on 2020-05-17, 131 days old )
hxxps://train.developfirstline.com/delivery.js?s=8 ( Domain Created on 2020-05-17, 131 days old )
- After this wave, the next ones were a bit more sophisticated, with malicious “fromCharCode” encrypted codes being injected:
hxxps://dontstopthismusics.com/song/?type=2 ( Domain Created on 2020-05-30, 118 days old )
hxxps://blackentertainments.com/check/?type=2 ( Domain Created on 2020-06-14, 103 days old )
hxxps://lobbydesires.com/location.js ( Domain Created on 2020-06-29, 88 days old )
hxxps://letsmakeparty3.ga/l.js?n=1 ( Domain Created on 2020-07-06, 81 days old )
hxxps://js.developerstatss.ga/stat.js?v=n4 ( Domain Created on 2020-07-26, 61 days old )
If you’re dealing with a similar situation, you can:
1. Restore your website back to its original state, when you’ve inaugurated it;
2. Perform a cleanup on the current site version. Here’s a guide: https://guides.magefix.com/2020/08/go-donatelloflowfirstly-ga/; or
3. Contact Magefix or any other security company and ask for a cleanup;
Moral of the story: think twice before choosing WordPress as a site platform, especially if you don’t add new content frequently.
It will require regular maintenance in the long run.
A static HTML website however will require minimum maintenance, having almost zero security risks: https://www.reddit.com/r/web_design/comments/1nsmhr/is_static_website_viable_these_days/
Try our Free site check.